Hi! My name is Silvia and I live with my husband and my two sweet girls near Banstead, in the beautiful Surrey.
I studied Physiotherapy at the university in Portugal and specialised in Woman Health, also trained as a Doula and UNICEF/WHO breastfeeding counsellor, after that, I spend the next 10 years supporting pregnant couples and post-natal families. During all my professional life I’ve been passionate about everything related to pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.
When I moved to the UK, after a couple of years taking care of my youngest daughter, I knew I needed to continue this path. So I did a new doula course and trained as a breastfeeding peer supporter to refresh my knowledge and feel totally confident to support women and their families in the UK achieving the experience of pregnancy, birth and post-natal that they desire and need.
I strongly believe that the way you give birth matters.
It will always be a part of who you are.
It will change your life, your body, your mind and soul. It can even change the world!
I’m here for you, to be the hand you always can hold during your journey, supporting you in your choices, no matter what they are.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Qualified as a Physiotherapist in Portugal (2005) and after as a Woman Health specialist (2007)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Ecole de drainage lymphatic, M’ethode Leduc (2006)
- Initial Doula training, Portuguese Doulas Association (2009)
- UNICEF/WHO breastfeeding counsellor course (2009)
- Paramana Doula course, Dr. Michael Odent and Doula Liliana Lammers (2010)
- Tradicional techniques in pregnancy, labour and post-natal, Midwife Naoli Vinaver (2016)
- Breastfeeding peer supporter training, Association of Breastfeeding Mothers (2019)
- Doula course, Nurturing Birth (2019)
- Supporting every birth workshop, Doula Michelle Every, Nurturing Birth (2019)
- Gathering in the knowledge course, Midwife Sarah Wickham (2020).
- Optimal Birth course, Midwife Molly O’Brien (2020)
- Water Birth BASICS, Midwife Dianne Garland (2020)
- Mummy MOT practitioners training (2020)
“Silvia took time to get to know me and to understand my wishes for this birth. During the labour we kept it very simple, on a birth ball in a dark room, with massages and counter pressure. I felt so safe and secure having Silvia right there with me. Silvia also used the right language for me, lots of encouragement and giving me lots of strength. It was just perfect"
— Amelle Le Grange, September 2020
“Silvia is an amazing human being. She is really empathetic, in a few days it seemed we knew each other for ages. It is impressive how she can be so professional and so friendly at the same time. She has good energy always transmitting calm and balance. And she has a huge background with woman health what gives her knowledge and confidence to help a woman during puerperium.”
— Cristiane Soster, May 2020