Birth Doula Services
Free initial meeting at a place of your choice.
(after a period of reflection if you decide to book my services I can offer the following for the above price):
– A minimum of 2 antenatal visits tailored around your needs i.e. Building our relationship, Birth wish list, Preparation for birth and beyond, Physiology of birth, Comfort measures, Infant feeding, Infant care and much more.
– 24 hour on call period between 38 and 42 weeks depending on your needs.
– Presence at the birth from the moment you decide that you want me with you. I will remain with you after the birth until you and baby are settled and possibly helping with the first feed.
– A minimum of 2 postnatal visits
– Unlimited communication via phone calls or Emails throughout and as long as you need it.
I am flexible about the services that I offer. If you decide that you want me to continue to provide you with support after the last postnatal visit I will then offer you the Postnatal Package.
* Basic Birth Package: Between £900 and £1000.
Postnatal Doula Services
I provide practical and emotional support during the postnatal period tailored to your needs. Whether you are a first time or experienced parent with older children. I can support you in discovering your new baby. Here are some examples of my services:
– Care of the Mother and Baby.
– Infant feeding support including Breast and Bottle feeding.
– Emotional support.
– Help in making the transition to parenthood.
– Food shopping and light meal preparation.
– Light house work.
– Information on local services and groups.
– And much more ….
I am very flexible and more than happy to discuss any special requirements.
* Basic Postnatal Package: Between £20 and £25 / hour
*For final price please get in touch by email to phone.
I was born in France and have lived in the UK since 1996; I also spent 2 years in Moscow during which period I had my first child. I have two children, Emma and Oliver. Both different experiences of birth. My Daughter was born in a hospital in France and my Son was born in the UK at home in a pool. I have been fortunate enough to breastfeed both my children and enjoyed it very much.
I am continuously learning new skills in order to support women during their birth journey either by attending training, workshops or talking to other Doulas. I am very practical and well organised. I am very easy going and usually get on well with most people. I have no specific radical ideas about birth but truly believe that no matter what the circumstances are, I can help women and their birth partners to complete their birth journey in a loving and nurturing environment.
I am the Co-Director of Nurturing Birth and facilitate Doula Courses across the UK and abroad. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience with new Doulas. Having worked for 10 years in a Sure Start programme prior to becoming a Doula, I have plenty of experience working with Doctors, Midwives, Health Visitors and Social Workers. My valuable experience of working in partnership with parents to be and the NHS has proved very useful when advocating women’s choices in childbirth and building and maintaining positive relationship with the medical team.
I am passionate about the benefits of water during childbirth as well as the power of breathing as a natural way of coping during the birth journey.
I speak fluent French and English. I live in the West Midlands where I share my life with my husband, two children and dog, Lilly.
I hold the following qualifications:
- BA Honrs Degree Early Childhood Studies
- BTec Early Years
- Doula Training with Nurturing Birth
- Diploma in Antenatal Teaching (to be completed)
I have attended the following training:
- NHS Breastfeeding Peer Support
- Counselling Skills
- Stop Smoking Support in Pregnancy
- IPEN Placenta Specialist
- Lamaze International Teacher Training
- NCT Antenatal Teacher Training
I attend workshops on a regular basis in order to continue my professional development. I am happy to email you a copy of the list on request.